Monday, July 20, 2009

I <3 Photoshop!!


Recently I just got Photoshop CS4 installed on my computer and I can't pull myself away from it!! I can manipulate my pictures to look just like I want them to. This is the kind of art I like :) and I haven't even had time to play with photoshop's actions yet... oh boy!
Thoughts of becoming a photographer are getting stronger and now I'm wondering if I chose the right major? Well... I guess there's quite a bit of photography in Media & Journalism and it's more broad than just a photography major. So for now I think I should be fine.
Here are some of the pics:


Before

After

I cropped this one to get rid of the awkward hand in motion. However I couldn't crop the hand out completely without offcentering the subject(which sometimes looks good, but I didn't want to here), so I added what many photographers fear, the lens flair, which added quite a bit pizazz to this photo :)


During Jordan's photoshoot, I was obsessed with her red heels! I think I shot about 10 photos of the heels alone haha. Jordy was an awesome model - very comfortable infront of the camera.



During Jordan's shoot she instisted that I get infront of the camera too. It gave me more material to play with so I figured "what the hay!" (haha I couldn't help myself by adding the pun ;))
The orginal copy of this photo was essentialy the same, except the colors weren't near as rich. I like the warm temperature because it makes the feeling of this hot summer day come alive.



Before

After
This one was one of my favorite pictures of Ben and I from his grad, but on my previous editing program the brightness, contrast and exposure made the picture look even worse, no matter how much I played with the settings. Photoshop edits with layers, which make editing pictures like this a breeze and actually fun rather than stressful :)


And how could I play with photoshop without doing something with the Yotes?!

Say hello to my new desktop image:

No comments: